You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Color Schemes’ category.
Bohemia is a UK based boutique dedicated to discovering beautiful, unique & unusual products and bringing these items to a wider audience. They recently had their website redesigned and it looks fabulous! They also have a blog, Bohemia Life, which details and follows various creative trends in fashion and design. We stumbled upon their website and fell in love.
Here Are The Reasons Why This Design Works:
- Complimentary Colors: Orange and blue are complimentary colors on the color wheel, which according to theory, they always look good together. Bohemia has chosen a very cool, light blue and paired it with a bold orange. The colors truly do compliment each other. And the cooler blue also has an icy appeal to it.
- Easy to Navigate: The main banner with the pictures fading in and out calls your attention to special products. That’s sure to attract attention. But also, check out the navigation to the upper right above the banner. Super easy to scroll over and the drop down menus really give you the option to be super selective in what you are looking for.
- Little Elements Makes It Fun: We creatives like to add little complimentary elements that make the design flow better, all while being aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Note the fading paisley print in the back, and the light stitching on the top and bottom edges of the blue box that lays upon the fading images in the main banner. Brilliant!
Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons. Here’s the full spectrum of colors for the Fall.
Perhaps we are trying to hold on to a summer that has long since left us for the turning of the leaves of Autumn, or it could be that our minds are always at the beach! But recently we stumbled upon this tropical color palette and wanted to share. It has a delicate balance of warm sunshine with a splash of ocean surf. Enjoy!
Recently the site to promote tourism in New York was redesigned. Not only do we love New York, but we also love this website. You can visit it here: http://www.iloveny.com/.
Reasons Why This Design Works:
- Photography: It catches your attention with dynamic photos. If you are looking for a city to visit, you want to see what you are getting yourself into. The photos are very inviting, full of color and with a sense of energy all its own. They provide the option for you to click on them to learn more.
- Clean Design: The main navigation is at the top of the site, easy to spot and easy to browse through. The navigation is clean and simple, straight forward, because what really grabs you with the site is the content and the photos.
- Color Palette: We provided a swatch of the main colors on the homepage. The red in the logo is sure to stand out with the light sandy/earthy color background colors. The colors are warm and airy, so they compliment the changing photos on each page instead of competing with them.
We’d like to call your attention to an excellent resource for discovering new color palettes. This particular site, Design Seeds, features color trends and color palettes taken right from dynamic photographs and other not so random elements in nature and beyond. Design Seeds is “original content that is reference/inspiration for with a passion for design, arts and a creative lifestyle.” Truly worth checking out as a resource to get your creative juices flowin’ and to help you start brainstorming for your projects.
You can also get design seed color palette inspiration daily if you fan them on Facebook. Here’s the link to their fan page http://www.facebook.com/designseeds
Check out the very well designed website of Alpine Meadows and the very winter/natural color palette that follows. This website is very wintery and cool without being shades of blue or having the obvious pictures of snow and ice. Instead it pictures the experience of Alpine Meadows, visuals that suggest fun and entertainment no matter your age or skill level.
The large images that interchange throughout the website take you there, to the mountain. Also note that although you are viewing the site through your smooth computer screen, this website has texture! When you have a business that has anything to do with nature you can take it two ways, (1) ultra clean and simplistic, also known as the minimalist approach and (2) adding some type of texture so that users can “feel” your site.
We love this website and we love the color palette!
We LOVE this color scheme!
Information about the design:
“Wondaree Macadamias is a family owned and run macadamia farm in North Queensland.
This project was done to recreate their product’s image in order to demonstrate their organic and personalised ethos whilst embodying an idiosyncratic aesthetic that was accessible to the blind.
This was achieved by using design features such as brail embossed wooden pegs – a stalwart of Queensland culture – and bold block coloured packaging, strident and recognizable.”
- Mango :: Pantone 7409 Coated, C=3|M=30|Y=100|K=0
- Khaki :: Pantone 5783 Coated, C=36|M=23|Y=52|K=1
- Coral :: Pantone 7416 Coated, C=5|M=74|Y=75|K=0
- Yellow :: Pantone 7404 Coated, C=5|M=14|Y=99|K=0
- Green :: Pantone 618 Coated, C=39|M=24|Y=100|K=2
- Brown :: Pantone 476 Coated, C=49|M=70|Y=73|K=60
- Orange :: Pantone 715 Coated, C=0|M=47|Y=84|K=0